Monday, May 30, 2011

Spirits By The Roadside

* As told by Susan

My friend Debbie wanted a lift to a roadhouse as she was going to start a job, so my ex-hubby Bill and I decided to take her.  We were driving along smoothly until we got just outside a town called Truro in South Australia.  Then the car stopped for no reason. Nothing, not even the radio would work, everything was so dark, so silent for what seemed to be ages, but it was only for a few minutes.  We were very nervous, and we just couldn’t work out what was wrong.

Then the car started to work again and we decided to get away from there as quickly as we could.  We didn’t stop until we dropped Debbie off, then returned home.

Not long after, we saw a news story about a man picking mushrooms who’d found dead bodies … now known as the ‘Truro Murders’.  One of the perpetrators died in an accident and the other man is in jail for the murders.  They’d happened straight across from where our car had stopped. I felt the chills run down my back and I believe the spirits had stopped the car to let us know, so they could be found,  but being so quiet and dark we just wanted to go.

I know now that if that happens again, its’ someone who needs help to be found.

 * As told by Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment