Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Jake’s Guardian Angel


* Sent in by Donna S

My husband Greg and I had lived in our neighbourhood for over twenty years and had seen many families come and go over the years.

One Spring a couple with a toddler moved in next door.  Over  time, Greg and I became very fond of the little family next door and would joyfully look after young Jake whenever needed.  He was such a cheerful little mite and we loved his cheeky grin and natural curiousity.  At 3 years old he we a clever and social little chap.

One afternoon as Greg was about to leave for the shops, I had a sudden urge to stop him.  I didn’t know why, but I just felt I needed to.  I stepped outside just as he was about to reverse down the driveway, but thankfully he caught my wave and stopped on the spot.

I scurried to the driver’s side window and Greg looked at me expectantly.  I didn’t know what to say exactly because at that point I had no idea why I’d stopped him in the first place.

All of a sudden we both heard a big loud bang from out of nowhere.  I quickly looked around for the source of the noise and making my way to the back of the car my heart skipped a beat.  Little Jake was sitting on the driveway playing with a bug, only a metre or so from the back of the car.  There was no way that Greg would have seen him had he backed down the driveway.

I don’t know what prompted me to stop Greg or what or who made that loud noise that day .... but I am sure that Jake’s guardian angel was watching over him that day.

*
* Sent in by Donna S

No comments:

Post a Comment