Monday, June 24, 2013

The Night Angel


* Sent in by Nancy Wainwright

I’d had a really difficult pregnancy and had felt sick and weak from the very start.  It was my second child and this pregnancy was very different from the first.  It had me worried.  My obstetrician assured me that the baby was fine and all was going according to plan.  Still I felt concerned.

My husband and I prepared the nursery as I edged closer towards the due date.  We’d decided not to find out the gender of the baby so the room was decorated in a mixture of different colours.

I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and in my half-asleep/half-awake state I noticed a dim light under the nursery door.  Perplexed, I opened the door and before me stood a tall being with light omitting from it.  The light switch hadn’t been turned on and there was no light shining in through the windows.  It was this ‘thing’ that was glowing.  Time seemed to stand still as I stared in shock, awe and confusion. A blink later and it was gone and I was left standing in the dark.  I tried to convince myself that obviously I was dreaming, so made my way back to bed.  

The next morning I woke up still confused about what I’d seen.  I knew I saw something, but I had no idea what it was at that point.

The following night I again visited the bathroom round about the same time, and again I was confronted by the glowing being in my yet-to-be-born baby’s bedroom.  The crib was fully set up as the due date was nearing and I’d always been one to over-organize.  The ‘light being’, which I then chose to view as an angel, stood by the crib and I stood stock-still by the doorway. I felt a wave of energy go right through me, from head to toe.  I just knew intuitively at that moment that my baby would be born healthy and all would be fine.

The angel visited each night for the following nine nights, until the day my little baby boy Adrian was born.  The birth was hassle-free and relatively fast, and by the next day I was set to be released from hospital.

My first night home I lay in bed waking slowly in order to check, change and feed my new little one.  Upon nearing the nursery I saw that familiar glow from under the door.   I quietly opened the door and peeked in to see my friend the angel bending over a soundly-sleeping Adrian.  The angel seemed to turn to look at me, then vanished in a blink.  The room instantly darkened, and Adrian stirred.

Over time the angel’s visits became less frequent as Adrian grew, and by the time he was 12 months old the night angel stopped visiting us.

I’ve never experienced anything like it since, but I have felt very blessed and protected ever since.  I know that angels are real.

* Sent in by Nancy Wainwright

1 comment: